Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7032] unitialized HWUart, did never finish

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7032] unitialized HWUart, did never finish sending
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 19:05:38 +0100

Hi Petr,

some interresting patches also for me, as I could see at first look. Even if this patches are for CVS repository and code base.

Will cause small conflict in Onno's repository.

I think, this patches will make big conflicts in Onno's repo. :-)) Ok, not a problem. Some of your changes are solved partly also in Onno's repo. Some of it can't work, because there are now to much changes in Onno's repo, which would conflict with your patches. I think, (and if Onno isn't faster than me) I'll take over, what's possible after xmas. (especially what's connected with gdb)

Unfortunately, that would be on Onno's and my repo and not on CVS repo. But I have seen, that you use subversion (I assume it, revisions dosn't exists on CVS and git uses hash id's :-) )

One question for my interrest: you suggest to make it possible to write device types with mixed case letters. (ATmega16 instead of atmega16) What's the benefit of it? My opinion was, that to write device types for simulavr in the same way as used for avr-gcc (compiler does only accept lower case names) would prevent confusion and make it a little bit easier in build scripts for more than one device.

And a last question: you refer in your post to Onno's repo. (see above) Did you used or tried it?

happy xmas at all, Thomas