Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7032] unitialized HWUart, did neverfinish s

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7032] unitialized HWUart, did neverfinish sending
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:15:51 +0100

As Weddington, Eric wrote:

> And honestly, I would rather that avrdude got rid of those shortcut
> aliases, as it just confuses the end user. I would rather that it
> accepts the full lowercase name like avr-gcc, and possibly the full
> canonical (mixed case) name.

It does all this, and has always been doing so. ;-)

The shorthand names are really only meant as a simplification for
people manually entering them on the commandline, and nobody forces
anyone to use them ;).  When being called from a Makefile, we always
used the long names (from the MCU_TYPE make macro).