Re: [Simulavr-devel] test mechanism

From: Thomas Klepp
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] test mechanism
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:25:07 +0200

Hi Michael,

I don't understand the need for #ifndef SWIG .

That's, because SWIG can't handle some operators in C++ classes and give warnings for that. To prevent this warnings you'll find such #ifndef SWIG ... #endif constructs. This happens also on some other places in the code resp. the header files. Some of it could be handled with changes on swig files (.i files), but some isn't possible to handle. (as I understand)

One question more for me: you wrote some code snippets for this CBI/SBI problem and you asked a few postings before for the git repo's. Do you want to use (and change to solve this problem) the code base from CVS repo or from the git repo?

My question points to that, that in git repo we use a derived class from RWMemoryMember, called IOReg. Your code would work too for registers, which don't have this "clear bit on SBI" feature, also on git repo, because the second step in IOReg, using setter/getter access to hardware units would work in the same way. But in this special case we need to a derived class for IOReg, which hasn't only byte getter/setter, but also a special bit setter functionality. (get would work in every case)

Greetings, Thomas