Re: [Simulavr-devel] test mechanism

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] test mechanism
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 19:58:38 -0700

On Thu Jul 16  4:30 , Thomas Klepp  sent:

>Hi Michael,
>
>> Is there an overview of the test system somewhere?
>> I can't even discover the calling sequence.
>> The check target seems to depend on check-recursive
>> which I can't find anywhere.
>> In regress/test_opcodes, check depends on check-am
>> which depends on all-am which depends on Makefile.
>
>Maybe you want to take a look in my git repo. (the changes from me are
>at the moment not in Onno's repo, but you can arrive my repo over the
>watchers list in Onno's repo) In master branch "make check" is fixed now
>to make tests in regress/avrtest and also in regress forself. There was
>an bug in regress.py (and files, which are used there!) and
>regress/avrtest wasn't connected with "make check".
>
>In the moment it's not usefull for you to take git repo, because your
>patch from cvs-repo a few days before isn't integrated in master branch
>yet. But it's in work ... ;-)

I've downloaded and examined code from both your git repository and Onno's,
but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.
I still don't understand what gets called when when one does a make check.

Also, after  some  thought, I realized that my toggle
code would fail for SBI and CBI instructions.
It's probable that the original SBI and CBI
code would fail on the atmega{48,88,168}s.
On the atmega128, SBI and CBI are read byte, modify byte, write byte.
On the newer targets, SBI and CBI are read bit, modify bit, write bit.
The difference will show up when a relevant bit
is a flag bit that is cleared by  writing a one.
We need tests for SBI, CBI, IN, and OUT.
Some of them need to depend on the CPU.

--
Michael Hennebry
address@hidden