Re: [Protux-devel] Cannot login to CVS

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-devel] Cannot login to CVS
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:43:41 +0200

Remon Sijrier wrote:

Hm, CVS write acces isn't working. This is because (of course) something I didn't right, but I dunno what I did wrong.

I made an rsa key, stored it on savannah and I log in (after 6 hours) with:
address@hidden:~$ cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/protux login
Logging in to :pserver:address@hidden:2401/cvsroot/protux
CVS password:
no such user r_sijrier in CVSROOT/passwd

you are using the 'pserver' access method, which you can't use with your username on savannah. Only anonymous cvs is allowed using pserver, you have to use ssh access ('ext' access method).

Set the CVS_RSH environement variable (export CVS_RSH=ssh) and use

cvs -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/protux co protux

or just

cvs -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/protux co protux

(of course you'll have to do it in a new directory, so you'll get a fresh checkout. You can't turn your current anonymous cvs checkout in one with write access).

/Martin