Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure

From: Lars Kneschke(priv.)
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] Project Structure
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 06:24:23 +0000

address@hidden schrieb:
>On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 02:08:15AM +0200, Dave Hall wrote:
>> Also after 1 months of un notified inactivity a contributor would
>lose
>> their voting rights, and have to serve a 3 months probabation period
>on return
>> or after 3 months of inactivity they would
>> lose the title of contributor.
>
>This is just absurd.  Leaders need to be active, casual contributors
>don't.
>Some parts of the project don't receive a bug report or feature
>request for
>6 months or more.  If someone just keeps track of the mailing list and
>fixes
>bugs or updates a doc every now and then, all the power to them.

It's not meant that hard like it sounds. It's not all black and white. :)

Such a person should not lose their status. We just want to make clear, that
someone who is not active, does lose his status. Active need's to be
individually defined. It just depends on your role in the project. If you
just update docs or fix bugs it is totally ok, to make your self a easy day.
Just write a email to the list, say how would like to work and every knows
about it. But if you contribute code to the api and are not available to fix
you own stuff, it should be clear that someone will take over. Also if you
are longer not available, it is not nice to jump in, commit something to cvs
and go away again.
That's the story about this topic. Ok?

This document should not be a bible. It just documents the way we like to
work. This document should be a guide, so anyone knows what he can expect
from the project.

I wish i could speak english better.... :)

Cu
--
written with FeLaMiMail