pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Doubled signature

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Doubled signature
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:11:59 -0700

On 05/20/2008 Duncan wrote:
Try fiddling with the permissions executable bit, and/or using `cat /path/to/file/` for the command on a plain text file. Also, make sure the sig does /not/ have a sig delimiter line (properly dash dash space, "-- " on it's own line, but pan should see "--" without the space as a sig delimiter as well, on incoming but not outgoing), as pan supplies that itself.

Using cat isn't acceptable, because that means I only have one sig, not the hundred or more I've moved over from Windows. (You'd be amazed how many quotes you can find when you've been doing it for over a decade.) The sigmonster I found doesn't put a delimiter on, it just outputs what goes below it. It's possible, of course, that Pan is calling the sigmonster twice, as there are several blank lines between them. Is there any way to test?

Here's what I get if I start a new post:

--
Joe Zeff -- The Guy With The Sideburns: http://www.zeff.us http://
www.lasfs.info

--
Joe Zeff -- The Guy With The Sideburns: http://www.zeff.us http://www.lasfs.info
I've been working like I was still in Egypt.