pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Doubled signature

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Doubled signature
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:57:06 +0000 (UTC)

Joe Zeff <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 20 May 2008 15:11:09
-0700:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Tue, 20 May 2008 16:58:28 -0400, Bruce Bowler wrote:
>>
>>> Only time I've seen it is if you change the profile after composing
>>> the message (and maybe hitting send and the group doesn't exist in the
>>> server for the selected profile).
>>
>> Weird, I see it with some profiles on a consistent basis.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> Do you add extra headers by any chance?  I do, because the main group
> I'm on is self-moderated.

I add extra headers here (on a different profile) and don't see it.

Try fiddling with the permissions executable bit, and/or using
`cat /path/to/file/` for the command on a plain text file.  Also, make
sure the sig does /not/ have a sig delimiter line (properly dash dash
space, "-- " on it's own line, but pan should see "--" without the space
as a sig delimiter as well, on incoming but not outgoing), as pan
supplies that itself.

I don't know that those will help as I've not seen the bug here, at least
not for awhile, but I know that's what I did last time I did see one,
some time ago.  FWIW, both my sig using profiles use a "text file", set
as such, now, but I used to have to use the cat trick.