Re: Problem with mhl.format

From: aalinovi
Subject: Re: Problem with mhl.format
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 08:10:57 -0500

I would like to start from the beginning if I may as what I am
experiencing makes no sense to me.
I downloaded a fresh copy of nmh and unzipped it. I didn't re-install
 but only copied generic versions of both mhl.format and mhl.headers
to ~/Mail/ where I have my nmh files.
Since I am not sure which file is involved I added the line:
"ignores=x-spam-report" to both mhl.format and mhl.headers.
Now if I run show on a mail message in +inbox the x-spam-report does not
show. However if I run show on a message in +nmh the x-spam-report does
show along with content-type, message-id and every other header field.
However, if I run mhshow on a message in +nmh the x-spam-report line is not
visible. The lines I have in ~/.mh_profile are:

showproc: less
mhshow: -noconcat
mhshow-show-text/html: w3m %F

To answer your question about mhl:

/bin$ /usr/local/libexec/nmh/mhl -form /usr/bin/passwd -nomoreproc
mhl: vfgets() botch -- you lose big
/bin$

I am sure this is something obvious but I am at a loss to understand it.

Arthur