Re: Problem with mhl.format

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: Problem with mhl.format
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 10:54:58 +0000

Hi aalinovi,

> I am not sure where I messed up, but suddenly nmh seems to be ignoring
> the mhl.format file, specifically the "ignores" line.
> This is a basic mhl.format file with no editing or alterations on my
> part.

What command are you using which fails, e.g. show, mhshow.  That would
be the starting point for seeing when it leads to mhl being run.

If you introduce a syntax error into the mhl.format you think is being
used, does mhl grumble?

    $ /usr/lib/nmh/mhl -form /etc/passwd -nomoreproc
    mhl: format file syntax error: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash
    $