Re: Problem with mhl.format

From: aalinovi
Subject: Re: Problem with mhl.format
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 21:40:12 -0500

In message <20220219233546.22FA318CC0E@pb-smtp20.pobox.com>, Ken Hornstein
writes:

>Is it possible the "certain mail" that ignores mhl.headers are not
>MIME messages?  Specifically, do those messages meet the following
>criteria:
>
>- Either lack a top-level Content-Type header, or contain a Content-Type
>  header that specifies text/plain with either a us-ascii character
>  set or your native character set
>- Either lack a Content-Transfer-Encoding header, or contain a C-T-E
>  header specifying an encoding of 7bit, 8bit, or binary.
>
>If the message is considered "text" (by passing BOTH of the above
>tests), then "show" will run mhl to display the message, which uses
>mhl.format to display the ENTIRE messages.
>
>If the message is considered "nontext" (by failing either one of the
>above tests) then "show" runs "mhshow" to display the message, which
>uses mhl to display the headers (which by default uses mhl.headers)
>and then decodes parts of the msssage body that it can.
>
>So if you want to exclude headers in ALL messages, you need to put
>them in both mhl.headers and mhl.format.  That's because of nmh's
>incomplete MIME handling.  Sigh.
>
>--Ken

This particular message has the following header field:

From: Arthur Alinovi <aalinovi@riseup.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:55:10 -0500

After copying all of my "ignore" lines from ~/Mail/mhl.headers to
~/Mail/mhl.format, they still show up.

Mr Paul Fox wonders if having the ignores lines broken up as I do will
work or if they should be one long line which he says is how he has it.

Thank you

Arthur