Re: smtp authentication problem

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: smtp authentication problem
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 13:35:14 -0500

>Bingo! Your question wasn't silly at all.  libsasl2-modules wasn't
>installed and installing it cured the problem. post now works
>beautifully. Many thanks, and apologies for this lacuna and the time
>wasted.

Whew!  What a relief!  I really couldn't think of anything else that
might have caused this.  So this was a combination of a legitimate bug
plus a packaging error.

Post-1.7 I had added some additional detail to -snoop that also included
the list of available client SASL mechanisms; if we had THAT code in the
distribution, it would have made figuring this out a lot easier.  Which
reminds me that we should work on getting out a new release soon-ish.