Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Ideas and questions.

From: Jon Bright
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Ideas and questions.
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:00:45 +0100

Hi,

Nathan Myers wrote:

I don't know any reason for its name to be particularly short.
Nobody will type the name under any normal circumstances, right? If it were ".monotone-metadata" would anyone be inconvenienced?

It should be short if it's not .-prefixed, to avoid widening ls listings. If it's .-prefixed, it should still be not-insanely-long - Windows doesn't hide things with . prefixes. My personal preference would probably be ".monotone", which I think describes it fine and shouldn't inconvenience anyone.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.