Re: [Monotone-devel] Ideas and questions.

From: Henrik Holmboe
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Ideas and questions.
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 00:26:04 +0100

Zack Weinberg <address@hidden> writes:
>Henrik Holmboe <address@hidden> writes:
>> While the topic is up for discussion. I need to throw in a vote for
>> taking bug #8923 into consideration. It relates to the all uppercase
>> MT directory. Is it only me who think this is a problem? (I reported
>> the bug).
>
>Mneh.  Working copies are mangled when put on a VFAT filesystem?
>Don't do that, then.

Yes, when they contain only uppercase in the name. So all lowercase
and mixed case is fine. I suggest that Monotone dont use all uppercase
for this reason. Though I will admit that its a rare case, but at the
same time its easy for Monotone to avoid the problem.

>I wouldn't object to ".mt", but I definitely do to "mt", as this will
>get mingled in with all the files under version control, in directory
>listings, and is not obviously metadata the way MT is.

".mt" would be my first suggestion.

.h

--
Henrik Holmboe, Stockholm, Sweden