Re: [solved] Re: How to uninstall Emacs?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [solved] Re: How to uninstall Emacs?
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 23:42:20 +0200

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> Such a journey log would be useful. Many people keep
> blog of their experiences to share with others.
> I have benefited greatly from those blogs and love
> to read them.
>
> However I was thinking of something slightly
> different for this. For example let me pick
> a section of active Sid time from my Sid system log.
>
> 2013-10-15 Nasty bug. If using straight /dev/mdX
> then the system is unbootable.

Yes, it is very good idea and doesn't conflict with
"my" idea, which is to make tools out of tools as you
go along: aliases, shell functions, Emacs defuns, and
possibly other things as well.

But I also believe in writing as a way to support
memory and enhance understanding. That is one (of
many) reasons I write here, actually.

It is just your idea conflicts with my personality.
As soon as I solve a problem, a want a new problem to
solve, instead of describing what just happened, i.e
what is in the past already. That is why the "tool out
of tools" approach fits me better because that is
self-documenting, and instantly so: at the moment of
"solvation" the tool-out-of-tools that did it is
already in some init file, so you're ready to move on.

It is like the islands of the Pacific ocean.
When Europeans come to those islands and put the
natives to work the Europeans are so impressed by
their work habits and skills they give them cigarettes
for a month in advance. However, the very next day the
natives come back all dizzy, green faced. They live
too much in the moment for that kind of system.
The Europeans realize they should only give them two
cigarettes every day when work concludes (along with
other goods, of course). You know what I'm saying?
I'm the same way.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573