Re: [solved] Re: How to uninstall Emacs?

From: Rusi
Subject: Re: [solved] Re: How to uninstall Emacs?
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 20:58:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 3:15:44 AM UTC+5:30, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Emanuel Berg wrote:
> > Bob Proulx writes:
> > > This is just one of the things that person running
> > > Sid Unstable is expected to know. Because Unstable
> > > isn't recommended for people who don't.
> >
> > That is a bit exaggerated especially if we talk
> > a computer for desktop use with no indispensible
> > service relying on the computer's
> > around-the-clock functionality.
>
> If you treat it as you are suggesting, as a victim system for testing
> and learning, then I agree.  Play.  Learn.

Nice word -- victim system.
One of the big lacks I find in computer users (and educators) is the need to
change hats.
There is the victim system hat, the valuable system hat and perhaps many others.
We always tend to choose 'my most comfortable hat' not the most appropriate one.
The most comfortable Sahara hat is unlikely to be the most comfortable Siberia
one