Re: [solved] Re: How to uninstall Emacs?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [solved] Re: How to uninstall Emacs?
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 17:35:17 -0600

Jim Diamond wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > VirtualBox on GNU/Linux is not very good.  It was declared
> > unsupportable by the Linux kernel folks a while back.[1] I don't
> > think that situation has changed.
> >   [1] http://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTk5Mw
>
> That is almost 5 years old.  Don't you think it is a bit irrelevant to
> the current year?

As I said, "I don't think that situation has changed."  My own
experiences with it have not been great either.

If you have other experiences with it to report then that is great.  I
would much rather hear that things are working wonderfully rather than
that things are in a sorry state.

> FWIW I use virtualbox (Linux host, mostly Linux guests) regularly and
> haven't seen any problems I can even tenuously connect to it.

That is wonderful.  I will note this down as one person with good
recent experiences with it.  :-)

> The mileage of people still living in 2011 may vary.

There are a lot of moribund projects on the net.  If they don't get
care, love, and attention then they stay that way and a few years
means nothing.  Adding years does not magically fix things.  Adding
care and effort fixes things through the sweat of the brow.  Years
without effort means nothing.

Bob