gpsd-users

Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 10:10:02 -0700

Yo Florian!

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 14:42:32 +0200
Florian Kiera <address@hidden> wrote:

> Again thank you for taking your time for me! As attachment I also
> provide different short logged outputs of the corresponding
> function/computer (to show which messages are sent/received):

No attachments found.

> supposed to contain the output through
> "gpsd -n -G ntrip://usr:pw@ip:port/BASIS" and "gpspipe -w" but since
> updating to the gitlab version it somehow cannot handle the success
> feedback of the ntrip caster. (downgrading didnt work either) I was
> certain to have seen the same output as in str2str on the rover,
> however gpsd got a problem handling the ntrip caster's success
> message.

Details on that problem would be interesting.

> I've tried to use the RS232 serial port. Sadly I was not able to send
> or receive data through it. Either I oversaw the right settings or it
> was not intended to be used for processing correction data.

On u-blox that have USB and serial, they are configure the same by
default.  Dunno what you may have done to the config.

Easy solution, connect gpsd to the serial port, it will discover the
correct port speed.

> May I
> just have over-read essential information from the user guide?

No one understands 10% of the user guide.

> I've
> tried sending the correction data with the str2str which didn't give
> me any feedback nor the try to receive data through the UART gave
> success. (Also tried different baud rates)

The first thing to try when having comm issues with a GNSS receiver is
minicom.

I'd still like to see the result of "ubxtool -p CONFIG"

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588