gpsd-users

Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 09:21:01 -0400

Florian Kiera <address@hidden> writes:

> To give a short explanation how I solved my issue before:
> Greg gave me a huge hint to check out net_ntrip.c line 453. (You might
> already know:) In this line it checks the "ICY 200 OK"
> feedback. However, because my caster sends "ICY 200 OK\x0d\x0a" gpsd
> counted it as error and closed the connection. I just changed
> net_ntrip.c line 33 '#defineĀ  NTRIP_ICY "ICY 200 OK"' to "ICY 200
> OK\x0d\x0a", installed it anew and now the "good stream" works again.

I am puzzled by two things:

  0xd 0xa is CR LF.  Something like this seems sort of expected in these
  sorts of protocols, but I'm really not clear on the details.   It
  could be good to chase down the rules for these sorts of
  looking-like-http messages.

  The code uses strstr which is supposed to find a substring, perhaps
  for this very reason.