gpsd-users

Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 15:17:39 -0700

Yo Florian!

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 08:46:33 +0200
Florian Kiera <address@hidden> wrote:

> I will try it out, the results of all outputs through the CUI
> hopefully is now listed as attachment. Also added the "ubxtool -p
> STATUS" output if it is any help here.

[rover_ntrip_caster_output_gpsd.txt  text/plain (320 bytes)]

The contents:

user@rover ~/Desktop $ gpsd -n -G ntrip://usr:pw@ip:port/BASIS -N
gpsd:ERROR: Unknown reply ICY 200 OK\x0d\x0a from Ntrip service ip:port/BASIS
gpsd:ERROR: can't extract Ntrip stream from root:root
gpsd:ERROR: ntrip://root:root: device activation failed.
gpsd:ERROR: ntrip://root:root: activation failed, freeing device

Looks like a fatal error to me.  Any logs/doc on what your ntrip server
is expecting?

Also, with no GNSS receiver, nothing useful can be done with the ntrip
data even if it worked.

[rover_config.txt  text/plain (11182 bytes)]

The "-v 2" options would have decoded the messages a bit more.

The NAKs are because you did not set "-P 20.30", so the wrong configs
were requested.  Thus missing stuff.

Did you intend your rover to be set to dynModel 0?

[ntrip_caster_output_str2str.txt  text/plain (2337 bytes)]

The interesting part would be the output TO the ntrip caster.  Clearly
str2str is sedning something to the ntrip server to make it happy that
gpsd is not sending.

[base_gpsd.txt  text/plain (6854 bytes)]

Looks normal.  As you can see, the gpsd decode is marginal...

[base_config.txt  text/plain (5835 bytes)]

dynModel 2 for a base station???

It is surveyed-in?  Data in "-p NAV-SVIN"

[rover_status.txt  text/plain (3918 bytes)]

Ditto on the "-P 20.30".

I assume this is "-p STATUS"?  What happened to the ACk/NAKs??

[base_status.txt  text/plain (3887 bytes)] `

Ditto on the "-P 20.30".

I assume this is "-p STATUS"?  What happened to the ACk/NAKs??

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588