gpsd-users

Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)

From: Florian Kiera
Subject: Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 08:46:33 +0200

Hey Gary

Am 24.04.20 um 19:10 schrieb Gary E. Miller:
Yo Florian!

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 14:42:32 +0200
Florian Kiera <address@hidden> wrote:

Again thank you for taking your time for me! As attachment I also
provide different short logged outputs of the corresponding
function/computer (to show which messages are sent/received):
No attachments found.
Sorry, I dont know how i messed that up.

supposed to contain the output through
"gpsd -n -G ntrip://usr:pw@ip:port/BASIS" and "gpspipe -w" but since
updating to the gitlab version it somehow cannot handle the success
feedback of the ntrip caster. (downgrading didnt work either) I was
certain to have seen the same output as in str2str on the rover,
however gpsd got a problem handling the ntrip caster's success
message.
Details on that problem would be interesting.
Will hopefully come with the attachments now.

I've tried to use the RS232 serial port. Sadly I was not able to send
or receive data through it. Either I oversaw the right settings or it
was not intended to be used for processing correction data.
On u-blox that have USB and serial, they are configure the same by
default.  Dunno what you may have done to the config.

Easy solution, connect gpsd to the serial port, it will discover the
correct port speed.

May I
just have over-read essential information from the user guide?
No one understands 10% of the user guide.
Agreed.

I've
tried sending the correction data with the str2str which didn't give
me any feedback nor the try to receive data through the UART gave
success. (Also tried different baud rates)
The first thing to try when having comm issues with a GNSS receiver is
minicom.

I'd still like to see the result of "ubxtool -p CONFIG"

I will try it out, the results of all outputs through the CUI hopefully is now listed as attachment. Also added the "ubxtool -p STATUS" output if it is any help here.

Regards, Florian