gpsd-users

Re: Ubuntu 18.04.3 build from source testing

From: Steve Bourland
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 18.04.3 build from source testing
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 17:56:33 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:

Hi,

Fairly sure I am missing something still, do get this on startup:
xgps: host localhost port 2947
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/GLib.py", line
754, in <lambda>
    func_fdtransform = lambda _, cond, *data: callback(channel, cond,
*data)
  File "/usr/local/bin/xgps", line 1461, in handle_response
    self.update_skyview(self.daemon.data)
  File "/usr/local/bin/xgps", line 1369, in update_skyview
    self._int_to_str(satellite.svid,
AttributeError: 'dictwrapper' object has no attribute 'svid'

To me that almost looks like somehow I have a mismatch in objects?
Happy to test any suggestions you have, this system is more than happy
to be unhappy as long as required to test stuff.

wild guess: you have python-gps installed and python is using it instead
of the module from your build (or you haven't built the python modules,
so python can only use the system modules). That would explain that issue.

Bernd

Yo Bernd!

Thinking that is a very sound wild guess. I believe at some point I did install python-gps trying to sort out the problems with xgps in scons check. Plan to do a clean OS install soon and get a clean path for packages to install. Like I said, this system is happy to be abused as required, it can be in a bad way as long as needed.
                                        Thanks,
                                          Steve