gpsd-users

Re: Ubuntu 18.04.3 build from source testing

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 18.04.3 build from source testing
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 15:58:02 -0800

Yo Steve!

On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 17:31:31 -0600 (CST)
Steve Bourland <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Ubuntu 18 is a pretty important platform.  It needs to work.
>
> Got things "working."  Most importantly (in my book) scons check
> passed,

Good.

> xgps is still being wonky,

Can you elaborate?

> but I think you expected that somewhat.

Not really.  If you have the right python modules installed it should
work fine.  I am struggling with a Debian Buster (10) install and
have yet to find the correct packages.

> Sadly, my gpsd isn't correcting the week rollover for my
> Garmin 18x LVC (currently stuck in Garmin binary mode, not responding
> to my attempts to revert back to NMEA),

Since zero work has been on Garmin 18x binary mode for WKRO not a surprise.
Send a capture file and I can probably fix that too.

# gpspipe -R -x 30 > garmin18x.log

> but since scons check passed
> with no errors, I'm wondering if I have the right tarball (I seem to
> recall you indicated that the rollover fix broke several regression
> tests...and I had no failures)?

There are no Garmin 18x binary regressions in git head, or anywhere.

> I have tried to take careful notes on all the packages I have
> installed in trying to get things working, happy to share them once I
> am satisfied that I have it all covered (most likely will want to run
> through the process again because I know I have "backed up" a couple
> times). Thanks,

Please send along any notes you have.  Getting Buster working has been
a PITA.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588