gpsd-users

Re: Ubuntu 18.04.3 build from source testing

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Ubuntu 18.04.3 build from source testing
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:24:37 -0800

Yo Steve!

On Sun, 15 Dec 2019 14:56:22 -0600 (CST)
Steve Bourland <address@hidden> wrote:

> Best description is no skyview (no sats pictures, no info on signals,
> sats used, etc.).  Shows the frames and skyview "map" but has no info
> for them.

How long did you wait?

> Just now, didn't show location etc., but I thought
> yesterday it did. Using gpspipe -r, it looks like the gps believes it
> has a lock (more on that coming).

The Garmin sensisitity is aweful.  I expect the fix to come and go unless
the antenna is outside with a good sky view.

> Fairly sure I am missing something still, do get this on startup:
> xgps: host localhost port 2947
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/GLib.py", line
> 754, in <lambda>
>      func_fdtransform = lambda _, cond, *data: callback(channel,
> cond, *data)
>    File "/usr/local/bin/xgps", line 1461, in handle_response
>      self.update_skyview(self.daemon.data)
>    File "/usr/local/bin/xgps", line 1369, in update_skyview
>      self._int_to_str(satellite.svid,
> AttributeError: 'dictwrapper' object has no attribute 'svid'

Not good.  Can you send the output of:

python -V
xgps -V
find /usr -xdev -name gps.py -exec ls -l {} \;

That last one is a bit tricky, copy it exactly.

> To me that almost looks like somehow I have a mismatch in objects?

Dunno, will look.

> I'll send this stuff directly to your email and not bother the list
> with it, you're welcome to post to the list if you think the list
> would benefit from seeing it.

I replied on gpsd-dev.

RGDS
GARY