RE: [Gomp-discuss] Hacking

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] Hacking
Date: 07 Feb 2003 19:52:57 +0100

Op vr 07-02-2003, om 19:41 schreef Scott Robert Ladd:
> Steven Bosscher wrote:
> > I suppose that work depends on what Scott finds out though...
>
> Ugh. I'd getmore work done if I didn't have clients! ;) A good customer
> needed something for a road trip, so I've been buried in Java for the last
> 48 hours.

Well, it's not like our life depends on this, you know :-)  Good
customers allow people like you to have the time to be involved in free
software.
(In university, there's no such thing as a customer.  Worst thing that
can happen is that your professor sometimes complains that you should
start working at 9 am, not 10 ;-)

I'm looking forward to your findings.

> I'm working from the OpenMP 2.0 docs; I assume we are not concerned
> with earlier versions?

Dunno.  I think the differences are quite big, and googling through
usenet I found many messages saying that 2.0 >> 1.1 with respect to
consistency and usability.  So I don't see much reason to support any
version earlier that 2.0.

Greetz
Steven