RE: [Gomp-discuss] Hacking

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] Hacking
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:01:17 -0500

SRL> Ugh. I'd getmore work done if I didn't have clients! ;) A good
SRL> customer needed something for a road trip, so I've been buried
SRL> in Java for the last 48 hours.

SB> Well, it's not like our life depends on this, you know :-)  Good
SB> customers allow people like you to have the time to be involved
SB> in free software.

This customer is funding new development of my free Jisp (Java Indexed
Serialization Package) package, in conjunction with writing a vertical
market app that uses Jisp as its database engine.

What's maddening is going from Java to C++ to Fortran 95 in one day (like
today); sometimes, I think I'll never get the semi-colons right! ;)

SB> Dunno. I think the differences are quite big, and googling
SB> through usenet I found many messages saying that 2.0 >> 1.1
SB> with respect to consistency and usability.  So I don't see
SB> much reason to support any version earlier that 2.0.

Then I will continue to ignore 1.1, and stick with 2.0.

..Scott