Re: systemd replacement or standardization

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: systemd replacement or standardization
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 23:12:14 -0400

  > I was specifically talking about the different build System and
  > the integration with Systemd instead of GNU Shepherd. GNOME
  > project is unwilling to support them.

It would be good for GNOME to support GNU Shepherd as well.
To what extent do they have common APIs to make this easy?
Could we change GNU Shepherd to increase the compatibility?

Could we work with the systemD developers to standardize an API for
this purpose?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)