Re: systemd replacement or standardization

From: Alexander Vdolainen
Subject: Re: systemd replacement or standardization
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2019 22:37:04 +0300

Hi,

On 10/14/19 9:33 PM, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I agree too. Systemd has too much Corporate interests for my taste.
> Good or not ,(I agree is too bloated and has a history of contributor
> hostility), it is integrated with GNOME now.
>
> So the questions we need to ask ourselves are:
>
> 1) Do we want to commit to Systemd or find something else?

I suppose everybody can decide it for himself, but personally I don't
like systemd, so I will never be interested in committing for this
project. Systemd is ugly from many points of view.

> 2) Are we good with something corporate/profit driven or do we want
> something community based?

We're certainly need something corporate independent for the open and
free operating system.

> Right now GNU has failed to go into any direction paralized and left in
> the past. The official environment of GNU doesn't even use GNU tools
> anymore.
>
> So do we endorse systemd and stop developing GNU Shepherd, or
> reevaluate if GNOME fits with the rest of the GNU system?

As I asked before - are there somebody ready to commit for the other
init system with systemd features?

As I understood nobody is even interested on that, but yep - I've heard
a lot of "systemd sucks" critics.

--
Alexander Vdolainen,
Evil contractor.