Re: question about historical GNU System releases

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: question about historical GNU System releases
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:03:04 +0200

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 01:28:27PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 10:56:52AM +0200, address@hidden
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 03:54:22PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:

> > > GNU 0.3 has to be at least on par with the bumpiest GNU/Linux
> > > distributions out there a couple of years.  "But GNU 0.2 was even
> > > worse" isn't going to be accepted as excuse.
> >
> > Bullshit. 0.3 is just that: 0.3. Anyone who puts expectations into a
> > 0.3 release beyond surpassing 0.2, is a moron, and really deserves
> > disappointment.
>
> Are you calling me a moron?

I obviously wasn't talking about insiders. A release is something for
other people to look at, not for those involved in the project.

You seem to believe that if we release GNU 0.3, people will expect it to
match at least a somewhat outdated GNU/Linux system. And I say: It's
their problem if they do, not ours. I don't think we have made anything
to justify such expectations.

-antrik-