question about historical GNU System releases

From: R. Steven Rainwater
Subject: question about historical GNU System releases
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:55:59 -0500

I'm trying to track down historical information about prior releases of
the GNU System. I initially thought from what I'd read on the websites
that there had never been a release at all, but it turns out there have
been some (or at least one).

I gathered from others on IRC that there were two releases, GNU System
v0.1 and v0.2. Then I ran across a 1997 announcement for glibc 2.02 that
mentions three GNU System releases, the two above plus a "GNU 0.0
System".

I've located and downloaded the GNU System v0.2 release from 1997, so I
know it exists. And v0.2 implies there must have been at least a v0.1,
so I'd like to find that too.

Questions:

1. Does anyone know where the GNU System release v0.0 and/or v0.1 can be
found?

2. Was the GNU System release v0.2 in 1997 the last release or have
there been any others since?

3. (assuming the answer to #2 is no) The g-s-d archive doesn't go back
to 1997. Does anyone know what happened in 1997 that derailed the
release schedule and caused the 10 year gap since the last release?

-Steve