Re: question about historical GNU System releases

From: R. Steven Rainwater
Subject: Re: question about historical GNU System releases
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:31:51 -0500

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 12:54, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> Bushnell made the 0.2 and 0.0 releases, 0.1 never existed.

Thanks, that fits with what I've found so far and explains why I
couldn't find any trace of the v0.1 release. I've found several copies
of the v0.2 release but you seem to have the only v0.0 that's available
online. I'm glad you saved it, someday it will have some historical
value. Any idea why the v0.1 release was skipped?

> No, I do not see a _need_ to make a new one, since not much
> has changed.  Things would look exactly the same as they do
> with the current snapshot.

With most distros, the releases drive the development. No releases == no
development. So I think we need to plan a GNU System v0.3 release. And
from what I've seen of v0.0 and v0.2, it should be pretty easy to make
some significant improvements over those without too much work.

Is there an existing ToDo list for the next release? What's lacking on
your current snapshot to turn it into an installable v0.3 release?

-Steve