Re: A proposed Roadmap

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: A proposed Roadmap
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 23:13:53 +0200

      We actually have a project for write a GNU kernel, and it is
      partially written. We dont have projects writing replacements for
      TeX or XWindow.

   But our project to write a kernel started _before_ Linux, so this
   point is moot.  When GNU was started, TeX and X already existed.  If
   Linux had existed before our attempt to create a kernel, then I am
   quite sure that we would have used Linux.

I share that oppinion. I also am quite sure we would have used
Linux. I am talking about the actual situation, when there is Linux
and a partly written GNU kernel. I see quite positive polithical
advantages (more than technical ones) in having a GNU kernel given the
actual situation, that is all.