Re: question about historical GNU System releases

From: Arguri
Subject: Re: question about historical GNU System releases
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:06:32 +0200

On Thursday 13 September 2007 00:37:34 address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 03:45:43AM +0200, Arguri wrote:
> > Well, I don't know, but I assume that ams stopped working and Marcus
> > appeared and did the things, which turned out to become Debian/Hurd.
>
> AFAIK Alfred wasn't around yet at that time. He certainly wasn't
> responsible for the 0.2 release.

Sorry, I have swapped release and snapshot, which lead to wrong
interpretations of what I've read (ie that ams does not want to make a new
snapshot, but that was about 2 years ago on some site I do not find right
now). Thanks for clearing this out.

> Also, some now believe that not having released for such a long time,
> expectations have risen, and thus no further releases should be made
> unless it's close to perfect... Silly argument IMHO; but well, I'm not
> the one to decide.

I am not the one to decide either, but I think a release is possible within
the next 5 (to be pessimistic).

Regards,
        Arguri