Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Parabola packaging

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Parabola packaging
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 21:01:40 -0400

  > i realize now the confusion - i was too vague - the user-maintained recipes
  > was referring to, are the ones that arch hosts - parabola does not blindly
  > accept recipes as arch does - when i wrote that discarded packages are
reverted
  > to the user-maintained pool, i did not intend that explicitly - i was
referring
  > to the arch pool, where those recipes are hosted already, and will be,
  > regardless of what parabola does

That seems plausible.  I think I can understand what led to this.  You
know all about Parabola, and you usually talk with others who know
that, so you tend to take that background knowledge for granted.

To other experts, such as GNUtoo, what you write would be clear.
But I don't have that background knowledge.  For me to understand, it
behooves you to notice when a person needs some background knowledge
to understand -- and state that background knowledge explicitly.