Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of softwa

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] Adding some scummvm game(s) to the "List of software that does not respect the Free System Distribution Guidelines"
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 23:21:30 -0400

I am leaning toward making a statement in the appropriate place:

  ScummVM is obsolete technology, and hardly used for anything except
  running old nonfree games, so it contributes nothing significant to
  the Free World.  People who want to develop free games have much
  better platforms to choose from.  Therefore, we urge free distros to
  omit it, and to explain why they do so.

This is not a rule.  When we discuss it, let's discuss it
as a "rule", ok?