[Gnu-arch-users] Encrypted archives?

From: Johann [Myrkraverk] Oskarsson
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Encrypted archives?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 05:15:34 +0000

Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible to setup encryped archives?
Either with current hooks, or in the near future.  The scenario I'm
thinking of is a private archive for myself, or finite number of
people, kept on a server where I can't (or don't want to) trust the
admins.

In case of more than one person, I'd provide the decryption key,
encrypted with that person's public key.  It would be nice if tla
could handle that beurocracy, but it wouldn't be absolute neccesary.

Currently, I don't have a *need* for something like this, but I'm
still curious, and might want to set it up.

Johann

P.S. I've only recently started to fiddle with gpg stuff, but I'm a
bit experienced with ssh keys.  More on my gpg keys later.