Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: File naming conventions

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: File naming conventions
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 21:33:26 -0700

On Oct 18, 2004, at 20:50, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

What should have been given though was an example, so here it is,
something that can be done with find, but not tla inventory: follow
symlinks. Sure there are more workarounds. And yes "show me the patch"
or who is willing to implement this. But hey, it's a valid point, and
particularly noticeable in my setup. So I revert to manual globbing/
finding in my build scripts and therefore have two sets of regexes in
the project rather than one, that do essentially the same thing.

The problem, though, is that this seems to work against the UNIX philosophy. Why should tla re-implement find? IMO, it'd be much better off re-implementing diff, patch, and tar first to reduce the number of external dependencies (as I haven't used tla on a system yet that didn't require me to install gnu or at least newer versions of these tools). Perhaps it'd make more sense to make a find that gets along with tla better?

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>