Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tla spork

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tla spork
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:08:03 -0400

Tom Lord wrote:
> Oh, please, please, please leave the identifier "spork" for me?!?!
>
> I mean, that's funny as hell and I think i have a great use for it but
> it's a little hard to explain right at this instant.
>
> Can I reserve "spork" for 6m?  :-)

Ok. I can give you spork (I'll use tla diverge). But now you owe me a
favor. Some day, you'll have to do something for me that may seem...
unpleasant.

I was hoping to use it for the following:

  tla get address@hidden/tla--devo tlt && cd tlt
  <hack hack hack>
  [vi `tla make-log`]
  tla --spork [qualified version] [-L "Log message"]
     which performs:
     1. tla undo
     2. tla tag -S address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3
     3. tla join-branch  address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3
     4. tla set-tree-version address@hidden/tla--devo--1.3
     5. tla redo
     6. tla commit

I'd hate to give up the word for something that could really be used
today for something else that might happen in six months.