Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating and joining branches...

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating and joining branches...
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:43:21 -0400

Cameron Patrick wrote:
I wouldn't mind having a more streamlined approach for this.  The best
way I can think of to do it is something like:

$ tla apply-delta project--branch-apple--0--patch-123
project--branch-cheese--0--patch-345
$ tla set-tree-version project--branch-cheese--0

This could be helped a bit with a script that used `tla logs` and `tla
revisions`.

Actually, wrappers like ABA or FAI probably already do this, I should
really get around to trying one at some point.

Yeah, the aba change-version script is essentially what you wrote above. In Fai, you can do "fai update project--branch-cheese--0"

So far, my solution
has been to just keep multiple project trees lying around for
different branches so I don't need to switch between them so much.

I do that too, for branches I'm always working on.

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology