Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tla spork

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Tla spork
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:40:51 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Matthew Dempsky <address@hidden>
    > Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

    > > Let's get in the first few rounds of ~/.arch-params hacking from
    > > Matthew.  (A few weeks.)

    > Btw, anyone interested in seeing progress on hats foo can take a look
    > at address@hidden/tla--hats--1.3.  The latest revision
    > supports creating and destroying hats via 'tla make-hat', listing and
    > searching hats with 'tla hats', setting a default hat with 'tla
    > my-default-hat', and overriding the default hat in my commands with a
    > --hat parameter.

    > Currently, hats support overriding the default id used in patch logs
    > etc.  To set a hat's id use 'tla my-id --hat $HAT $ID'.

    > Behind the scenes, hats are implemented as directories in
    > ~/.arch-params/hats/ and individual ids are stored in
    > ~/.arch-params/hats/$HAT/id.  If no hat is set as the default and no
    > --hat parameter is used, then ~/.arch-params/=id is used instead.

Being (briefly) stupidly busy I haven't read your code, yet.

One of my concerns is, of all things, about the syntax of new files
that you add.   Can you please present the syntax of "/id" files?
(I know, I know... it sounds like such a nebbishy detail but, as I
suspect *you* know.... these are the kinds of details that *really*
matter in the longer term.)