Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Conflicts in .arch-ids

From: Catalin Marinas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Conflicts in .arch-ids
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 17:22:50 +0100

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 14:33, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Yes, I realize that.  Taglines would work nicely because they'd force
> non-Archers like Linus to propogate the newly-forged ids.  But you've
> already ruled that option out.

I could use it, but only for the files I control.

> In this respect, names tagging is better than explicit ids, because
> name-based ids can be independently duplicated using only the mainline tree.

I noticed that with the names tagging method there is no need for "tla
add" and all the new files are added by default. "tla tree-lint" never
reports any new files. I prefer the restrictions imposed by tagline or
explicit methods and modify tla-update-ids to re-use some of the
existing ids for the files I do not control.

Thanks for suggestions,

Catalin