Re: [glob2-devel] Suggestion to improve glob2 visibility

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Suggestion to improve glob2 visibility
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:11:26 +0100

hi

> I do. The wiki and forum don't keep track with current changes. It is

cause we don't update it.

> not possible for the users to see what the current rules of glob2
> gameplay are. There is no branch for which you can read this up. Maybe
> for the latest stable release, if read the wiki and follow all the
> notes about changes. But what does "changes in unit assignment" tell
> you?

pardon?

> A blog that lists the rules of release stages and the changes that
> follow would be very nice.
> Users might want to know:
> how much damage units can take/make

All those should go to the wiki!

> Not every question will be asked in the forum and some questions will
> be asked a couple of times.

Repetition. That's why devs don't like the forum. Still users go there.

> And who is really qualified to answer the
> questions?

People that answer are qualified most of the time ;)

Most likely i didn't get your point. especially your listing of things you want
to be documented was completely out of context to me.
I'm just not too much pro implementing a new gadget to solve problems that in
my eyes are based on people not reporting what they changed, not document how
things work etc.
hg allows to do hooks. in my eyes nice to have would be a hook, that copys to
our changelog all lines that start with a keyword.
hg commit -m "wiki:Warriors have double hitpoints now"

greetings