[glob2-devel] Suggestion to improve glob2 visibility

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Suggestion to improve glob2 visibility
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:58:27 +0100

Hello,

I've given the FOSDEM talk; it went well even if the game crashed on
demonstration, probably because of recent changes on Nicowar.

There was about 100 people in the room, which is good but much lower than the
400 for wesnoth. To improve the visibility of Glob2, and after a short talk
with Leo, I suggest to take the following actions on the short run:
- fuse contributors/developers on the web site
- in the web front page, instead of a pink alert message, we should put nice
direct links to binaries for common system
- making more game videos available, in particular, we could make short videos
showing some specific feature/game technique
- advertising the fosdem talk video once they are available
- do more fuzz all around the net
- add development blog

On the middle term, we should further improve the user experience, for
instance, by:
- making easy to get new content directly from inside the game, as I've
already mentioned in previous mails
- adding the ability to record games, upload them, and watch them afterwards
(all this directly from inside glob2 itself). Those recorded games would
consist of the initial game state and all orders from all the players. We
could also add the possibility to add comments to the recorded games, which
would make the newbie experience much better. If we do so, we choose
associate the YOG username with the comments in order to be able to moderate
them on need. That would pull some of the forum dynamics inside the game
itself.
- add global, per players stats, a la battle.net.
- in general, improve the user interaction so that everything is smooth and
the newbie welcomed and guided.

I've also a question: do people, who play regularly, test new gameplay and try
to tune it?

What do you think? Have a nice day,

Steph

--