Re: [glob2-devel] Forum restored on its new home

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Forum restored on its new home
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:17:44 +0100

On Thursday 20 January 2005 02.23, Gabriel Walt wrote:
> > Well, "techncally speaking", we should be careful on the fdl that may
> > require that we keep everyone who participated in every page.   I dont
> > think  we nead to keep also a trace about how much everyone
> > participated, but i am not an expert in FDL....
>
> Hmm good point... But at the same time we cannot keep that, it simply may
> be too complicate. What we could do is to make a contributors page where we
> copy paste the contribution stats from the old wiki. Legally this wouldnt
> be enough, but at least we show to the people that we are thankful.

I suggest we just add major Wiki contributors to AUTHORS file in glob2 CVS,
which is linked to the web site. We can also link to that file from the Wiki.

Respecting other's works is very important, but minor licensing details
shouldn't be a barrier for going forward. I'm convinced people working on
Wiki just want a better game and the best way to respect their work is to do
so :-)

Steph