Re: [glob2-devel] Forum restored on its new home

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Forum restored on its new home
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:55:56 +0100

> (How did you found this one from that huge list of wikis??)

Well it was a few months ago nct and I searched for a php wiki. I think we
entered something like "wiki php" into google and watched the 10 first wikis
we found like that. I think we also wanted groups and user hierarchy, because
like that we can use it for the whole web site and simply make that some
pages are only editable by specific people. We were also sensitive to the
fact that hacks can be easily integrated - such as the script we use to
display the ftp content or the contributors list.

> PS:  i want to help with the migration, if this means copy paste of all
> pages that's ok, if there are diferences in the syntax, some simple perl
> scripts will do the work.

Ok thank you very much - so this will make the whole migration faster! :)

> Note that this will erase all the history!  Maybe there is a cleaner way
> to make the switch...

Yes, but I think that it's not tragic... The history is mainly useful to be
able to undo what some destructive users did. Of course if there is an easy
way to keep the history we should do that... but I dont think there is.

Nct: we should do that soon - can you please already simply install pmwiki on
epfl.ysagoon.com/wiki. So that we can already start the migration. And as
soon as it's finished we'll then change wiki.ysagoon.com and make it point to
epfl.ysagoon.com/wiki. Shall we migrate the whole web site into the wiki or
only the wiki for now? What do you think? Migrating the whole web site is
nearer to our vision of what ysagoon.com should be, but will probably take
more time than only migrating the wiki.

Gabriel