Re: [glob2-devel] Forum restored on its new home

From: MOA3333
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Forum restored on its new home
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:46:36 +0100

Gabriel Walt wrote:

Yay, I'm so happy we have done that - now we must transfer the web site (easy) and the wiki (more tricky since we want to use pmwiki instead of the current twiki). hehe

Gabriel

You are right, "big and huge" wikis like mediawiki(for huge encyclopedias) and twiki(big enterpise) are not easy to administate for little projects like this one

Pmwiki seems indeed the best choice. They say it was specifically designed to support web development!

It seems to be well writen, dosent nead a database and has its own verssion control system, uses php as the forum (so we don't nead support for perl any more...), has all the feautures you will find in other wikis (maybe excepting some of mediawiki and twiki, but we won't miss them). , feauteres like internationalisation, skins, user acces control (if we will ever nead that :) ) and.... user defined shortcuts, RSS

As a plus, it seems version2 was rewriten (if i am not wrong). Upgrades are easy.

Finaly, the ability to handle all kinds of proposals like feautue requests.
They have:
   Suspended issues
   Active issues
   Closed issues

 I'd say they copied on globulation 2 wiki...

(How did you found this one from that huge list of wikis??)

PS: i want to help with the migration, if this means copy paste of all pages that's ok, if there are diferences in the syntax, some simple perl scripts will do the work.

Note that this will erase all the history! Maybe there is a cleaner way to make the switch...

more info:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PmWikiPhilosophy
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PmWikiFeatures
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook