Re: [glob2-devel] Workers not getting assigned to tasks

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Workers not getting assigned to tasks
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:13:12 +0100

> I've seen this too, but always assumed the workers in
> question didn't have the required level to do the
> work, ie. all level3 workers were busy and all level3
> schools were full, so there were some level1 and
> level2 workers with nothing to do but eat. Could it
> just have been this?

No - this is clearly not the problem!! That's what I thought during a long
time, but after a lot of playing I'm sure that this is not the problem! Thus
I can confirm the validity of the following bug, and please add any useful
information to it (such as saved games and such stuff):
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=11270

If I didnt submit any file of a saved game, I think it was because this bug is
not easily reproductible - saving and reloading solves in fact often the
problem! Also nct I sent you a similar reproductible situation about units
refusing to completely fill a defence tower with stone... Please have a look
at that file since I think that it's very probable that both problems are
linked and it's the only thing we have.

I know that there may be a lot of possibilities why units refuse to work - but
at least at alpha9 the problem was very present. The problem is that since
that time I play in a way I try never to have over -20 workers, and also do
some voodoo stuff that I realized milder the bug (such as when units refuse
to work - i set the biggest unit requests to zero and then up again)... Thus
I didn't really see the bug any more, but it is very probable that it still
remains!

Gabriel