Re: [glob2-devel] Workers not getting assigned to tasks

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Workers not getting assigned to tasks
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:51:59 +0100

> If you want to help, try to understand the algorithm, and then report
> suggestions, based on your experiments.

Wow this explaination is great - exactly what we needed. So it is potentially
possible that a unit waits during 15sec for the building to confirm it's job
assignation?

Could you also explain what happens if a unit is very damaged. Does the unit
refuse to work or simply give priority to free hospital in it's priority
list? And under which level of health does this different behavior happen?

Same for hungry units... How does this precisely work? Does a unit start
seeking for food as soon as it's energy level reached zero, or does it start
seeking for food before (and if before - at what level)? And if the energy
level dropped to zero, health starts decreasing, right? And what happens if a
unit is hungry but there is no place in any inn - does it continue working?

Also about unit conversion - is there any proximity effect for the available
inns? If an ennemy's inn has the same amount of fruit than the friendly inns
but is nearer, where will the unit go?

Thanks a lot.

Gabriel