Re: [glob2-devel] New scripting API

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New scripting API
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:21:11 +0200

I propose that we discuss the Glob2 API there. Of course we already have ideas but I'm interested in the needs of the maps and campaigns designers.

What elements will be accessible from the script, and what won't be able to be changed by the script?

It would perhaps also be cool to be able control sprites with the script, to add specific units or buildings. Perhaps even play custom sounds. But I don't know if that's too complicate or rather easy to do. If it's not too hard to do I think that it could be cool for funny campaigns.

Yet another science-fiction idea: why not script the gui too. So the display settings [I mean for eg the buttons associated to each building] wouldn't be hard coded, but in a script file for each building... Again just an idea!

Gabriel