Re: [glob2-devel] New scripting API

From: Matthew Marshall
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New scripting API
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 10:52:22 -0500

On Saturday 07 August 2004 06:10, Stephane Magnenat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One week ago, during our holidays, Martin Voelkle (Marvelous) and me
> discussed the futur of glob2 scripting. As a custom scripting solution is
> suboptimal in development time, execution speed and ease of use, we planned
> to use mono and CLI instead of SGSL for the futur of glob2. The whole .NET
> API won't be present, juste the core (basic types and reflection) and the
> glob2 API.

I was about to suggest that this morning!  A while back I was working on a
Compiler/VM combination that I thought of trying to implement into glob2.  I
had a limited but working version, but I stopped when I realized that I would
have to go a long ways before it could get near the usefullness of something
like python.  (I was going to suggest embedding python, BTW.)

MWM